The O-Flight Program Motto: Safe, Fun, Educational
The cadet orientation flight program shares with cadets the thrill of flying. Civil Air Patrol cadets’ under age 18 are eligible for five flights in a powered aircraft (usually a single-engine Cessna), five flights in a glider aircraft, and an unlimited number of backseat flights when conditions allow. Orientation flying is always free to cadets.
The Civil Air Patrol is partners with the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). Therefore, cadets looking to save money on their flight training lessons have an incentive to take part in Orientation Flights. When cadets complete their first CAP orientation flight, EAA considers them one of their “Young Eagles.” A cadet’s status as a “Young Eagle” comes with zero obligations, but some great benefits, including:
• FREE access to Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course ($199 value).
• FREE first flight lesson* ($130 value).
• FREE admission to 300+ science and technology museums.
• FREE Academy of Model Aeronautics Student Membership
• FREE electronic copy of EAA Sport Aviation magazine.
• Access to valuable flight training awards, education scholarships, and Air Academy camperships.
* Upon completion of the first three volumes of the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course